Participate in NABA Garden Guides
NABA's Butterfly Gardening and Habitats program is in the process of being updated with new web pages, new butterfly gardening guides, and a weekly web page called 'What's Happening in Butterfly Gardens Right Now' that features photos from NABA members.
To submit photos for new web pages and new butterfly gardening guides:
NABA is currently looking for people who would like to submit digital photographs (JPEGs) for these web pages. Photos should have a minimum file size of 1MB and maximum file size not larger than 4 MB. While we are very interested in photos that include both the native plant and a butterfly, good photos of just the native plant alone are also of interest to us. Photos of caterpillars can be with or without plants.
In order to submit photographs for the general web site,needs to accompany the photos (which should be sent on a CD formatted for Windows.). Please mail all materials to: NABA, 4 Delaware Road, Morristown NJ, 07960.
To submit to 'What's Happening in Butterfly Gardens Right Now':
This feature of the web site will highlight what is happening in butterfly gardens around the country. Each week web pages devoted to specific regions will highlight photo submissions from NABA members (or NABA certified butterfly gardeners) of plants that are attracting butterflies to their gardens right now.
- Photos can be a maximum of 300 pixels wide and a maximum of 400 pixels tall.
- Please include a description of your plant photo, such as why it is important to a butterfly garden, is it a nectar/caterpillar food plant, is it easy to purchase/propagate or is it rare/endangered?
- Please include the state and county where your photo was taken. Please also include the date.
- Text may be edited to fit the page format. Text should be sent as a Word document attachment.
- We welcome all submissions from NABA members and/or NABA certified butterfly gardeners (you do not need to be a NABA member to certify your garden) but because of the anticipated volume of submissions, we may be able to post/publish only a selected number.
- Photos should include a native butterfly garden plant or features of your butterfly garden (such as butterfly feeders) that you feel are important to butterflies. We are interested in photos that emphasize what helps to increase butterflies in gardens.
- Please include the botanical latin name of the plant as there are regional differences in the english plant names.
- If you are from an area that already has a NABA Garden Guide (currently N. New Jersey, South Florida, and LRGV), we will link your submission to the appropriate NABA Garden Guide.
- By submitting photos to NABA's web site, you freely give NABA permission to use any and all photographs you have submitted both on its web site and/or in printed materials. If and when your photographs are used, that they will be attributed to you.
- Submissions and questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org